Save The Mid
Fat Cat Health Trust Chiefs - Named & Shamed
· £29,361,000 minimum of tax payers money held in Cash Equivalent Transfer Voucher Fund for health trust chiefs.
· £4,720,000 minimum of tax payers money to pay salary bill for health trust chiefs.
· £6,027,000 minimum of tax payers money combined pension and lump sum payment.
· £175,000 minimum salary bill for non-executive health board members.
Attachment: ZIP file of Annual Accounts from health trusts
Golden Health Trust Chiefs, but where are the Golden Hospitals?
Save The Mid are appalled that even after the supposed implementation of Review of Public Administration that Health Trust Chiefs are still receiving such salaries in the light of last year 3 acute hospitals being downgraded, even more shocking that these figures do not include other health agencies such as the Health & Social Care Board, Northern Ireland Ambulance Service, Patient & Client Council, Public Health Authority and more. Former Health Minister Michael McGimpsey prided himself on being the only department that had fully implemented Review of Public Administration, if this is a fully implement review it is time that the current Health Mr Poots begins his own.
£35,388,000 of public tax payer’s money is sitting in wait for selected health chiefs upon retirement at the age of 60 or when they leave their employment, do front-line worker receive the same payments when they were forced to retire from hospitals that these health chiefs ran down and shutdown? £35 million would be enough to run the Mid Ulster A&E for nearly 6 years and would seem a better use of tax payer’s money.
Chair of Save The Mid, Hugh McCloy states, “All that health trusts have been seen to do since their creation in 2006 is serve themselves, they have knowingly ruined our health system and have been paid millions of pounds of tax payers’ money to do it, the only check on these trusts is the Assembly. It is time for the Assembly to act, it is time for Health Minister Edwin Poots to act, the option of doing nothing is not acceptable from our elected representatives.” “The health service is at its worst performance in Northern Ireland since the creation of the NHS, hospitals that were built to saves lives have been crumbled, front line social care services to help the sick live at home are stripped away from those most in need, this can only go so far before the backlash is such that the Assembly will not be able to control it”
These figures do not include ANALYSIS OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE/DIRECTORS TRAVEL & SUBSISTENCE EXPENSES FOR 2010/11, to which Save The Mid can already reveal a £60,000 bill to the tax payer from the Western Trust alone. When all information is gathered these figures will be released.
While this staggering salary and bonus bill would seem in the extreme it is still missing several figures, and more worryingly from the troubled NHSCT:
· Sean Donaghy, NHSCT, Appointed 20/09/10 - estimated full year equivalent salary £135-£140K. His CETV and pension is not included in these figures.
· Larry ONeill, NHSCT, Appointed 01/11/10 - estimated full year equivalent salary £85-£90K. CETV amounts available from BSO accounts.
· Una Cunning, NHSCY, Acting Director of Nursing Services with effect from 21/05/10 - estimated full year equivalent salary £65-£70K.
· Valarie Jackson, NHSCT Interim Director of Acute Hospital Services - seconded from BHSCT on 01/11/09. CETV amounts available from BHSCT accounts. The Annual Accounts published by the BHSCT do not include her information.
For Full Tables Use Contact detials
Chair Save The Mid